To make sure everything is ready when NaNoWriMo begins, Paige made a checklist so we wouldn't forget anything:
1. defrag computer
2. stock up on caffeine, Fritos, and trail mix
3. notify family: say "goodbye" on Oct. 31 and tell them you'll materialize briefly on Thanksgiving, then disappear again until December 1--or 8--depending how much sleep you need to catch up on
4. notify friends: see #3
5. set "IN-BOX" to vacation mode
6. delegate cooking, laundry, errands, and communication with the outside world to spouse for the month
7. review plot outline, revise plot outline, and pray you don't scrap the outline when the bell tolls twelve
8. October 31 -- pass out candy to Halloween trick-or-treaters; then gather your materials together, gather your courage, sequester yourself with your computer, and be ready to go at 12:01 a.m.
So, let's fasten our seatbelts: it's going to be a wild ride!
A Fresh Chance to Take the World by Storm
5 days ago